Make the Server interesting?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Make the Server interesting?

Post  iWayne aka Bunnyman on Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:46 am

Max stats item seems too easy to get...
SO i suggest that...some rare etc are needed to make Max Stats item..not forget ..4 trophy are needed too.
And players can get the Rare Etc from PQ/Event/Fm bosses..

Theres not much to do in the server and Hired Merchant seems useless..
All i see is player selling equipment which is easy to get..
Not much people goes to pq since the rewards are just slimes..

*Yes,i know my english sux..*
so i hope someone can translate it to a more proper english for me..
Thanks =)
iWayne aka Bunnyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Make the Server interesting?

Post  Settler11 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:03 pm

Lawl,

Well this is pretty easy to understand. Even from my position.
Got idea's/suggestions?

Also, I'm working on a project and please remind that not only for the players school has started, but also from me has started.

Greetz,

Will

Settler11
Admin.
Admin.

View user profile http://willms.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeti on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:57 pm

People don't PQ because there is no economy. Hence, money is easy to get therefore slimes are useless. If you want it to be 'fun' which can also be interpreted as 'challenging' then you need to put economy in WillMS. Challenges means goals and goals achieved means satisfaction!

Well, either that or make more PQs, hosts more events, make new events, and/or wait for Will's project :P

And Will, we know you're busy with school and so are we, so please take your time (not too much time though, I'll keel joo). Anyways, can't wait to see what it is! :)

Yeti
GM.
GM.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Settler11 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:12 pm

I'm also working on LPQ.. (and making it custom after that off course...)
It should has worked but somehow players d/c from 2nd map.. D:

Also, I was thinking of a lowerRate and maybe even a wipe(?) to be more economic.
Just a thought.

Greetz,

Will

Settler11
Admin.
Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeti on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:57 am

I think lower rate would be great along with economy. Is there a way where you can make the rates different in each channel? Or perhaps that's really stupid considering people can change channels. Anyways, the idea came from a private server I play now (not related to maple don't worry!), they have 3 servers, each with different rates: Low rate server, Fun server (Start at max level) and High rate server. I don't know if you can do it here, adding two other servers might cause huge lag or not even work at all. But the thing to consider are the players, which I doubt would want a wipe (yet again). It might lead to loss of players but it`s your choice.

Yeti
GM.
GM.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  House on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:16 am

Yeti wrote:I think lower rate would be great along with economy. Is there a way where you can make the rates different in each channel? Or perhaps that's really stupid considering people can change channels. Anyways, the idea came from a private server I play now (not related to maple don't worry!), they have 3 servers, each with different rates: Low rate server, Fun server (Start at max level) and High rate server. I don't know if you can do it here, adding two other servers might cause huge lag or not even work at all. But the thing to consider are the players, which I doubt would want a wipe (yet again). It might lead to loss of players but it`s your choice.

I don't see that happening anytime soon. Also, if they were to change the rates to 50x or something due to economy issues, I think accounts should be wiped. I tried creating a poor-based economy by selling some Chaos scrolled items and it worked but now that you lose your items easily when using a Hired Merchant, it's not of any use anymore. Sadly, economy is not an option anymore (All-in-one-shop/FM21/Zhelms(Buying for 200 mesos and selling for 500k).

Private servers aim for fast leveling/money making because that's what people look for and people is what owners look for. People like the fact they can buy all their items for 200 mesos and scroll it for a small free (10%'s + White Scrolls) (25k NX - 1 Meso). Making it harder will make people that are already used to getting items easily to get bored.

[Please don't post something like: 'I like low rate servers'-I'm talking about people in general. People that play low rate servers should play Global Maplestory(most do)]. Free NX is what brings most users to a server.
House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Fonic Hymn on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:55 pm

fun server?
This is not WOW o_o
and 3 servers on 1 computer?
Will's comp isn't a super computer o_o
idon't want a 4th wipe
Grand Fonic Hymn
Spammer
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Settler11 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:54 pm

Every channel a other rate..? Ehm, I don't think that's possible and it would be a waste.
because, most players will choose for the high rates. (experience with servers with more worlds)
Never saw a server doing that and I think it's getting to complicated for many players =\
Other reason is if the Fm rooms 15,16 and 17 are full and the player want the same rate.. nah. I think we have to skip this suggestion.
Also my PC can't handle that.

Nah, I don't think that a wipe is necessary. :]
But I think that the rates should be lowered.

Forever. wrote:
idon't want a 4th wipe

Don't only think about yourself D: Yes, I know your 1st/2nd rank position and worked hard for it.. =\

Greetz,

Will

Settler11
Admin.
Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeti on Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:26 am

Forever. wrote:fun server?
This is not WOW o_o
idon't want a 4th wipe
I know. You pretty much just summed up everything I said. I already considered all of that.

And Will: I know, this seems like a bad idea overall, but I just gave you some idea, and maybe I thought you could think of something to work around it. But it's fine. I know your computer won't be able to handle it, it's all good.
But one question: Along with the lowering of the rates, do you think it's a good idea to change the store prices? Maybe make the server more economy like? I remember when the GM scrolls were like 100 mil. Would you do that again?

Yeti
GM.
GM.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Settler11 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:10 am

Yeti wrote:
Forever. wrote:fun server?
This is not WOW o_o
idon't want a 4th wipe
I know. You pretty much just summed up everything I said. I already considered all of that.

And Will: I know, this seems like a bad idea overall, but I just gave you some idea, and maybe I thought you could think of something to work around it. But it's fine. I know your computer won't be able to handle it, it's all good.
But one question: Along with the lowering of the rates, do you think it's a good idea to change the store prices? Maybe make the server more economy like? I remember when the GM scrolls were like 100 mil. Would you do that again?

I'll give it a try. :]

Settler11
Admin.
Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post  SamKwok on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:48 pm

I think a way to solve this is to lower the drop and meso rates and then make it harder to get money and items, this will make the economy grow and then we can introduce PQ's which will make the server even better then it is now. This will also make new players eager to play and vote.
SamKwok

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeti on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:01 pm

Stop bumping dead threads..

Closed

Yeti
GM.
GM.

View user profile

Back to top Go down