A Guide to Pvp (ch 6)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Guide to Pvp (ch 6)

Post  Aran on Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:44 pm

I'm making this thread to detail how pvp works, for WillMS at least. Too many noob pvpers complain about other people hacking and etc. I'll explain just about everything, even though pvp is so simple I shouldn't have to explain it...

First off, THERE ARE NO HACKS THAT CAN MAKE YOU 1-HIT KO OTHER PLAYERS. THERE ARE NO GOD MODE HACKS. NO DAMAGE HACKS. NOTHING. The only hack I've seen work in pvp is one where you kill the player repeatedly, but they never die. They just keep losing mesos. Other than that, THERE ARE NO WORKING DAMAGE HACKS FOR PVP.

I'll go over each class.

Warrior: these basically FAIL in pvp. Their attacks rarely hit other players and don't do much damage. And because they attack slowly, they can't accumulate damage. So if you want to pvp, this isn't the class to do it with.

Magician: this class is just as bad as Warrior. The attacks are slow and won't build up damage quickly and they don't do much damage at all.

Bowmen: Bowmasters are the Gods of pvp. This is the class to pvp with. Hurricane has a wide range of actually hitting players and builds up damage tremendously fast. Crossbowmen aren't that great, but I've seen players pvp pretty well as xbowmen.

Thief: Bandits are just like warrior, except they attack faster. Low damage, not a wide range for hitting other players, and just generally suck anyway. I have seen some people pvp well with Night Lords, but Bowmasters are the better choice.

Pirate: obviously you'll want to avoid being a Brawler. They're worse than warriors. As for Gunslingers, they're not as great even though they have Rapid Fire. Rapid Fire tends to not hit the players all the time and does VERY little damage. Pirates are a bad choice for pvp.

Damage calculations when you're at full hp-

Without Magic Guard and Meso Guard- You will take 2500 damage per attack. 2500 per arrow from Hurricane.

With just Magic Guard/Meso Guard- You will take 500 damage per attack. 500 per arrow from Hurricane.

With both Magic Guard and Meso Guard- Will take 250 damage per attack. 250 per arrow from Hurricane.

If you have both Magic Guard and Meso Guard, the damage you take/dish out changes as your/other players' hp drops.

At 100% (full) hp, you will take the above mentioned damage. (250)

At about 60% (almost half) hp, you will start taking 1125 damage.

At 25%-30% (almost dead) hp, you will start to take 2500 damage.

If you get 1-hit ko'ed by another opponent, it does NOT mean they are hacking. Either you or the other person is lagging. What happens is, when someone lags and attacks you, they are cramming dozens of hits all into one packet of information. When they quit lagging and that packet is sent correctly, it contains so many hits on you, it seems like you got 1-hit ko'ed. But really, they were just attacking you multiple times while they were lagging and all the damage came at you all at once. Yes, it's unfair. People with crappy internet, like x3Forever and NiLL, have an unfair advantage over other pvpers and it takes away from the fun.

The best way to counter a lagging pvper is to try to predict their movements. If you can predict where they will move and jump to and attack that spot, you'll be able to keep up with their lag and successfully kill them. This does NOT always work. Some people will be lagging way too much.

So again, NO DAMAGE HACKS CAN WORK IN PVP.

Extra- MANY players who are new (or not) have no idea what spawn killing is in pvp. (channel 6)

Spawn killing is the act of killing another/other player(s) repeatedly by attacking and/or killing them as soon as they spawn. This prevents the victim player(s) from buffing, moving around, or changing channels.

When a party member resurrects you and an opponent comes over and kills you instantly, that is NOT spawn killing. Resurrecting is part of the process of pvping, where as respawning is part of being able to leave the channel/map or not.
Aran
GM-Donator/FBI
GM-Donator/FBI

View user profile http://aran.omgforums.net

Back to top Go down

Re: A Guide to Pvp (ch 6)

Post  House on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:06 pm

Pretty good, Ben. +rep.

To customize your v62's in-game experience!
House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  97raven123 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:20 pm

that explains alot of things. if i dont wanna die constantly, simply avoid ch6. thanx man. LOOL lol!
97raven123
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Settler11 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:12 am

Looks good. +1.

Greetz,

Will

Settler11
Admin.
Admin.

View user profile http://willms.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeti on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:44 am

I haven't tested, but does anyone know if DarkSight works during PvP?

Great guide Aran :)

Yeti
GM.
GM.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  UnknownB®yan™ on Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:59 am

Yeti wrote:I haven't tested, but does anyone know if DarkSight works during PvP?

I tried . It doesn't work in pvp ,(Means : You will still get kill)
UnknownB®yan™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eibwen on Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:58 am

Yeti wrote:I haven't tested, but does anyone know if DarkSight works during PvP?

Nuh-nuh, dark sight or barrel both don't work in PvP, I think.

:D
Eibwen
GM.
GM.

View user profile http://awesumsite.uuuq.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ReiRei on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:55 am

Nice guide Ben. Good job. +rep

I hate pvp though. Never good at it, Never will be.
ReiRei
Respected Member
Respected Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BetaNemesis on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:11 am

Nice job Ben, its a great guide. Actually, using Genesis or some other Magician attack can be quite useful.
BetaNemesis
Alpha Member
Alpha Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top