[AO - Dev Application] Tricks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[AO - Dev Application] Tricks

Post  Tricks on Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:24 am

Personal info:

Name: Zach (PM for last name, if required)
City: Toronto
Interests: Computer/Technology, sports, computer languages, GFX.
Program Experience: Adobe Photoshop CSx, Adobe Premire CSx, Visual Basics 2010, Netbeans 6.0, Visual Basics 6, Visual Basics 2008, Visual C#, Visual C++, .batch, .vbs, MySQL, PLSQL.
MapleStory Private Server EXP: Server Administration, VPS Administration, MySQL Administration.

Do you have experience with being a Coder?

Yes;

I have worked in many servers before. Many popular ones which closed down.
Server List (These are the ones I can remember):
RaveStory, SyncMS, UnfinishedStory... ETC
My computer has the capability of running, playing, and editing a OdinMS clean source or repack.
From the past servers I have worked in, I have learned how to code and finalize .js and .jar files. Not only did I code for servers, I know how to manage them and administrate them. I know how to properly use VPS and Teamviewer. I can monitor a server, and make sure that its up and running at all times.

Why should we choose you to experience the chance of being a coder in WillMS?

Because I am an experienced coder, with a lot of background knowledge about MapleStory private servers and their server build (OdinMS Repacks Only). I can make WillMS a better and more enjoyable place for users who want to play. I don't only code things ingame, but also things that would help advertise the server in every way.

How much will you be active:

Ingame; I think as a coder it dose not really matter how active you are ingame. Although I would require to go ingame for coding purposes; Getting Map Values, Character location, View a bug for myself so I get a better understanding.

Coding; If you mean "How much would you contribute to the society of WillMS?", then;
I would not waste much time, but I would work hard to fix, add things that players would appreciate. I will make WillMS better and more enjoyable for players in every way I can. I require no pay, but I do require ingame privileges.

What am I capable of doing?

Visual Basic 2010/2008(VB.NET):

I am able to create programs to make the server better. These programs can be useful in many ways. For example; Im currently working on a GM Launcher program, which the host (Will) can leave messages for his GM's/GM privately or publicly. This would help him transfer information even though he is not online. This helps the server stay stable.

In future I'm planing to make a WillMS patcher, for users who would like to easily update to the latest version of WillMS. This helps WillMS stay organized and also saves peoples time.

Java:

I am experienced in coding NPC's, .jar and other types of .js for MapleStory Severs; in this case; WillMS.

VB.NET and Java are basiclly the same. There are some minor differences, and as a coder I understand and work around them very easily.

I usually like to work in .jar(<name>.jar dist file contains most of the private server data, packets and brings the game to life.) to edit things like; GM Commands, User Commands, Creating and deploying subs/functions/voids.

Batch:

Many coders think that Batch is useless for MapleStory private servers, but thats totally untrue. It is what starts launch LG, launch WRLD, launch SRV. You can edit the batch script to make it more secure, and more faster.

Batch is also needed to edit some Direct Java controls from your main Java JDK install location. Things like; passwords and suitable settings to make your private server preform well.

Why do you want to be a coder here?

I think that the community of WillMS has a good chance of taking the whole "private server" thing forward and getting more people. I want to be a part of this as it evolves, so I can look back to something and say "Hey, I coded that". Also this causes a lot of my time to pass by very fast and I do enjoy coding/playing WillMS.

Samples of work?

I'm going to be a little honest and show the work I did all in front of the WillMS community.

WillMS Launcher

I showed Will a decent quest NPC script I made.

I will be updating this application as I work for WillMS
Give me a chance as a WillMS DEV, and I will show you positive results.

Last edited by Tricks on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Tricks
Coder
Coder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [AO - Dev Application] Tricks

Post  House on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:21 am

Really nice application. You've worked hard on this; you're quite experience and for those reasons, I really hope you make it. You have all my support and you know if you need me you can meet me on msn.

Good luck, Zach.

To customize your v62's in-game experience!
House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AirStrike on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:23 am

You've claimed to have experience with coding in past servers. Do you have proof to show us that? What version was the server when you coded in them? What repack were they server using?
Also when you said you can view and bug and understand it, Do you attempt to fixing them? e.g. fixing bugs like "map d/cing" is a hard thing to fix comparing to fixing a little npc script error.
Tricks wrote:
I am able to create programs to make the server better. These programs can be useful in many ways. For example; Im currently working on a GM Launcher program, which the host (Will) can leave messages for his GM's/GM privately or publicly. This would help him transfer information even though he is not online. This helps the server stay stable.
Please explain this^ , I don't get what you mean. He can leave messages through the forums , through the Staff section ( which our staff has). Some of the Staff has remote access to restart the server if necessary.

That's all I have to say, please clear up some things. Also just out of curistory, Do you have relation in ragezone, worldofgosu, krpytondev or any other Maplestory DEV sites? Oh yeah , get an avatar

I see potential in you for a good coder. Will would make the decision. Good Luck

Last edited by AirStrike on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:26 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : get an avatar)

Super Moderator

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/DeepBlacklce

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricks on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:30 am

AirStrike wrote:You've claimed to have experience with coding in past servers. Do you have proof to show us that? What version was the server when you coded in them? What repack were the server using?
Also when you said you can view and bug and understand it, Do you attempt to fixing them? e.g. fixing bugs like "map d/cing" is a hard thing to fix comparing to fixing a little npc script error.
Tricks wrote:
Please explain this^ , I don't get what you mean. He can leave messages through the forums , through the Staff section ( which our staff has). Some of the Staff has remote access to restart the server if necessary.

That's all I have to say, please clear up some things

I see potential in you for a good coder. Will would make the decision. Good Luck

Those three servers listed above (Ravestory, UnfinishedMS and SyncMS) were all v0.62. Ravestory was 0.62 and 0.55 but I coded for 0.62. I dont really know how to prove it, but you can ask the owners of these servers if they know a person named "Tricks". I wouldnt of left any of those servers if they hadn't of closed down.

For the GM Launcher program, Will edits a text file from his computer, there is a separate text file for each GM and, once he has edited it, the GM will get a nudge (If program opened) and a text box will show the message. There is also another text box which every GM can view on their launcher.

As you said, about the remote access. I could do that, but that would require the GM's to know some background information about WAMP and they will need a open port to Wills hosting computer. I can simply make a Program with two buttons "Turn off Server" "Turn on server".

There is:

Public Message, and Private Message. If you want, you can test it right now. Its ready.
Tricks
Coder
Coder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AirStrike on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:44 am

Edit your new information pl0x
Tricks wrote:For the GM Launcher program, Will edits a text file from his computer, there is a separate text file for each GM and, once he has edited it, the GM will get a nudge (If program opened) and a text box will show the message. There is also another text box which every GM can view on their launcher.
Too complicated. It doesn't need this complex.
Tricks wrote: As you said, about the remote access. I could do that, but that would require the GM's to know some background information about WAMP and they will need a open port to Wills hosting computer. I can simply make a Program with two buttons "Turn off Server" "Turn on server".
There is already this function in the Owner's computer. Not every GM wants to know about coding / wamp servers / mysql. I also doubt the Owner would allow this. After all its his computer, All we want to do is make the server up and that's the only thing we actually need.

From a GM point of view and an old/retired helper in coding and still helps people. The server doesn't need this complex back up system. We need more custom features e.g. Party quests. Player commands. Custom maps. Fixing Bugs.

Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricks on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:46 am

Your right, which is exactly what I want to do. But I cant unless I'm a DEV. Once I'm a DEV I get the servers source files so we don't lose any old data, and I build onto that.
Tricks
Coder
Coder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AirStrike on Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:07 am

You can start making a custom party quest script for starters. You don't need the server files for that. If you do, you can just use a random clean source.

Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricks on Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:10 am

^;

I will take that as an consideration.

There would be a lot of information from the server that I would need. Otherwise, party quests, all you need is a bunch of NPC's, Free Monsters, and unused items. Then you got a party quest.
Tricks
Coder
Coder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Fonic Hymn on Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:12 am

This is a good Coder Application considering the other two denied frauds.
Grand Fonic Hymn
Spammer
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AirStrike on Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:07 am

Tricks wrote:^;

I will take that as an consideration.

There would be a lot of information from the server that I would need. Otherwise, party quests, all you need is a bunch of NPC's, Free Monsters, and unused items. Then you got a party quest.

Ludi Party Quest aint' that easy. Will tried to do it but :( . So yeah. The party quests has to be fun e.g. Project X, alot of people like that party quest. I think its pretty good too.
Equilibrium wrote:
This is a good Coder Application considering the other two denied frauds.
I know right. At least he can show us what he can do. Like past people just say " I can do this and that" I'm so pro in hacking and so pro in how to make a mysql server".

Good Luck man. Just see what Will can do :D

Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricks on Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:34 pm

Alright, Ill start coding a custom party quest soon.
Tricks
Coder
Coder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iParty on Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:09 pm

alright seems to be a good coding application (besides the 2 sections)
hope you make it =3
iParty
PowerFul Member
PowerFul Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AirStrike on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:28 am

Let me bring this up again. Edit your new information into your application e.g. Put the server versions into your coder application.

Also do you have relation in ragezone, worldofgosu, krpytondev or any other Maplestory DEV sites?

PS: get an avatar eyeheart

Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricks on Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:09 am

I dont;

The PQ is ready. I showed Will.
Tricks
Coder
Coder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  House on Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:47 am

When I first saw you could code, you reminded me of the programming mod in Gamecheetah. His name is Zach too. <3

Anyway, what did he think about the PQ?

House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricks on Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:52 am

The scripts HUGE. He dosnt have time to check it out right now, but he will tomorrow. Its not a fully functional script. It has all the main parts done to it (Warping into PQ with party, starting timer, warping party out... ETC) We still need to edit .wz to add monsters to maps and some other minor stuff, but the major stuff has been taken care of. I cant (shouldnt) post the script on my application (publicly) because its our servers script and people might take it, abuse certain areas of it.
Tricks
Coder
Coder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  House on Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:53 am

Yes, I am aware of that. About the wz edits, the mob file is kinda big and new users will have issues.

House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricks on Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:56 am

House;

Sorry, I ment the server WZ files.

The ones that are in XML which contain all the data like; NPC Position, Portals, Life, ETC. So no one will need to download anything extra, the PQ would kinda just be there. :)
Tricks
Coder
Coder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AirStrike on Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:01 am

Making custom party quests doesn't need custom wz files. You just needa make sure all the Map XMLS are fine. So we don't d/c when monsters get summoned

Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Fonic Hymn on Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:10 am

House wrote:Yes, I am aware of that. About the wz edits, the mob file is kinda big and new users will have issues.

I think he meant the xml files within the server's source. It includes the mob spawn rate and everything.
Grand Fonic Hymn
Spammer
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  House on Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:42 am

I think he said that already. Thanks. :P

House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricks on Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:49 am

Lol, I was wondering that too, why did two people reply the samething I did? hehe..
Tricks
Coder
Coder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AirStrike on Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:24 am

Tricks wrote:Lol, I was wondering that too, why did two people reply the samething I did? hehe..

Confirmation? Trusting 3 people is better than 1 -__-

Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Fonic Hymn on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:35 pm

Oh sorry, I didn't see your post.
I was only trying to help hehe..
Grand Fonic Hymn
Spammer
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricks on Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:20 pm

AirStrike wrote:
Tricks wrote:Lol, I was wondering that too, why did two people reply the samething I did? hehe..

Confirmation? Trusting 3 people is better than 1 -__-

Lmao, very true.
Tricks
Coder
Coder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Fonic Hymn on Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:21 am

Close this until Will sees it?
It might turn into a spam thread.
Grand Fonic Hymn
Spammer
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  House on Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:33 am

I don't think this should be closed.

All the apps are spam threads anyway; 'good luck on gm'. I really hope Zach makes it, he's a nice guy and he's really experienced.

Good luck.

House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Fonic Hymn on Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:07 am

Its really getting off topic xD.
Alrite then lets keep it open.
Grand Fonic Hymn
Spammer
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BetaNemesis on Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:10 am

Good luck on getting the spot, Zach. You're really experienced, and I can tell from the launcher that you really deserve this spot. I'm sure Seth could use a hand on coding the server too.
BetaNemesis
Alpha Member
Alpha Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AirStrike on Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:51 pm

BetaNemesis wrote:Good luck on getting the spot, Zach. You're really experienced, and I can tell from the launcher that you really deserve this spot. I'm sure Seth could use a hand on coding the server too.

Seth left the server. He comes and visits the server, he is also it making a v80 source

Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  BetaNemesis on Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:01 pm

Ohh..If that's so, then all the more we need a coder, just in case something major crops up.
BetaNemesis
Alpha Member
Alpha Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Fonic Hymn on Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:09 pm

Were gonna be alpha testers for Seth's source.
Grand Fonic Hymn
Spammer
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Settler11 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:53 pm

Mmhm,
Since it was a long time I've seen some1 with this much inspiration of hard working it will only makes me feel better.

So far one of the most biggest Coder app I've seen in WillMS so I guess I have no other choice of taking you in. :]

Greetz,

Will

Settler11
Admin.
Admin.

View user profile http://willms.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  House on Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:06 pm

Grats bish <3.

House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricks on Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:13 pm

Thank you very much Will. This means a lot to me.

It is nice to be a part of the WillMS Staff. I will be getting started on my work as soon as possible.
Tricks
Coder
Coder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AirStrike on Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:08 am

WHOOT . Yay something new for once! A new coder who is actually ACTIVE! and uses the forums :P . Welcome to the team man eyeheart

PS : congratulations :P

Last edited by AirStrike on Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : congratulations)

Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Settler11 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:41 am

Lockz.

He's a part of our team now.

@thom
Make a special rank for him pl0x?

Greetz,

Will

Settler11