I Want Your Opinion(s) About: Online Relationships

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I Want Your Opinion(s) About: Online Relationships

Post  Yeti on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:16 pm

Well what do you think of it? Is it stupid to you because long distance relationships don't work out? Do you like being in one? What are the pros? What are the cons? Have you been in one? Would you want to be in one? If you're in one, does it mean anything to you?

Don't flame others and say "Your opinions suck because..", it's all your personal opinion.

Anyways, my story:
I've only ever been in two relationships in my entire life (so far). One was online. At first, I thought it was stupid because online relationships meant nothing to me if the other person was half way across the world. But then I met "person". We got to know each other and blah blah blah, and sooner or later we found out that we lived closer to each other than we thought we did and we always said to each other that we wanted to meet in person sooner or later. We webcam'd and sent each other pictures and everything but to me that wasn't enough. After knowing each other for a year, I wanted to meet him because I "loved" him. Anyways, to keep it short. We didn't end up meeting up because he's a lying fu--butt. So I broke it off and he freaked. Started to act childish and call me names and such. I'm glad I saw the true side of him that people always told me about.

So as of right now, online relationships are stupid to me because nothing ends up happening. We're all kids, we don't know what 'love' is so we can't say it's because we're in 'love'. That's bull. So because I was in one, I can say that online relationships are retarded.

Your opinions please.

Yeti
GM.
GM.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Want Your Opinion(s) About: Online Relationships

Post  Sexy. I is 1337. on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:30 pm

Agreed.

Online relationships are kay. Just don't let it get out of hand.
Sexy. I is 1337.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeti on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:32 pm

Sexy. I Kill You. wrote:Just don't let it get out of hand.
What do you mean by that exactly? How would it get out of hand?

Yeti
GM.
GM.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy. I is 1337. on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:35 pm

Like your example. D;

For all you know the person you're having a relationship with is a just a stupid fat old man sitting behind his computer.

Edit:
Well actually, I think my post is kinda off topic?

I'll just stop commenting, no experience.
Sexy. I is 1337.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeti on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:36 pm

LOL sexy. I said we webcammed haha. Anyways, I'll stop the chit chat.

Other opinions please hehe..

Yeti
GM.
GM.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy. I is 1337. on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:38 pm

Vivi plawks.

I'll stop commenting, right, naows.
Sexy. I is 1337.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cunt on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:47 pm

I think online relations can be very good for people mentally.

I have been in a few and it stopped me from going out to parties and drinking as much.
His name was Brad. We were together for gosh such along time not sure how long though. I didn't have secks. I was just with him. I feel like those kind of relationships are great because you can open up more and just express things that is harder to express in a real relationship.

Then there are those cons like you wanna hold them and be there for them when they cry. You wanna spend time with them, but distance gets in the way. He lived in Australia. He was compatible with me in every way possible. We alway talked about meeting. We were both saving money to see who could get to one another first.
Jobs always got in the way and the time difference was exhausting. I started to lose touch of the real world. I sat at home waiting on the computer till he got home just to talk to him just to feel like I was closer to him.

I have been in several online flings. I sometimes would rather have an online fling over an irl boyfriend. I dunno. I think there is nothing wrong with finding online love. I love the butterfly feelings you get and how innocent most online things can be.

Anyways, I just jumbled a bunch of words together hope it helps.
Cunt
MasterCunt
MasterCunt

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/isaltslugs

Back to top Go down

Post  Settler11 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:26 pm

I actually had never a long distance real relation.
I did have with 2 girls from the same country. Like chatting around, skype etc.

The first one just blocked me out of nowere on MSN and after a day of 3/4 I found out that I was blocked and I was in the first days like shitty.. (wasn't for a long period like Miss Y.)

2nd girl was in my opinion far better then the first 1.
But after 5 mins getting in game.. She was gone. Just gone. Like she's dead or something :|
Not replying on MSN/hotmail etc.

And now, well yea. I guess I have to look forward for getting real.

I had relations in real when I was young but that was only in the holiday's and also for a very short while.. :$:

Situation now: Single.

Online relations might be fun, but don't get to serious into it.. Like 80% will fall down in nothing or a lie.

Greetz,

Will

Settler11
Admin.
Admin.

View user profile http://willms.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  !!!PooFy*GoEs!RaWr! on Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:45 pm

Hmm lets seee...
I've had one, in the same country though she lived 2 and half hours away by train.
It all started on the internet, it was fun.
So one day we just decided to meet as friends, but something else developped.
We fell in love (or so i thought) Well after we got into an actual relationship, we started seeing each other each 2 weeks in the weekends.
Was fun and all, but after 11 months, she just flat out told me she never loved me, and i was just being used for extra attention, since also told me she had a friend with benefits during the time we had a relationship, so i was being used and being cheated on at the same time.

Sooo... after that i kind of...liked people alot through the internet but i just cant handle the distance, so i gave up.

Soo well, i think long distance relationships suck, but other peoples shouldn't give up on em if they want them.

Since i've seen a few long distance relationships work.
Friend of mine lives in germany, he had a online GF and they met, and they saved up enough money, and now she lives with him in germany, she lived in canada btws.

GM.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Fonic Hymn on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:29 pm

These aren't opinions anymore, its just a mass of stories.

Online Relationships?
There's millions of online dating sites, 4/10 times, they work out.
If your talking about Long Distance Virtual Relationships.
Then it depends on the situation.
E.G if you have known the person beforehand and they moved away.
or
You know nothing about them.

Pro(s).
-You find out more about their country and culture
-You have more enjoyment.

Con(s).
-Different timezones.
-Lack of time.
Grand Fonic Hymn
Spammer
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cunt on Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:36 am

We all basically said pros and cons in our stories. All you did was sum it up.
Cunt
MasterCunt
MasterCunt

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/isaltslugs

Back to top Go down

Post  House on Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:09 am

Brigg, his post was actually okay. That's what Cecilia asked for, really.

About online relationships...

They never work. Dating sites might work because you actually look for someone in your area but not here.

It's actually hard to find someone near your area plus you have to add the % he/she may be your gf/bf.

I don't think it works.

To customize your v62's in-game experience!
House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeti on Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:18 am

To Briggy: I really do agree with you. For my relationship with "person", even though we did live in the same timezone and everything, we still stayed up for each other and did as much as we could. Until hell broke loose of course. And I also find secks a problem about 'physical'/'IRL' relationships.

To Will and Poof: That's one thing I hate about online relationships. It's easy to lie to someone and all that stuff. It may be easier to lie about your feelings when it's all typed and everything but not when you're face to face with that person. Yeah, it sucks.

To Vin: I should have been more specific but I didn't want to include those dating sites for several reasons (some that Eddie has pointed out). It was more gaming/maple relationships since we all play maple and games. But I guess if anyone wanted to include those dating sites they could.

Anyways, thank you for your opinions and stories <3 I was just a curious Yeteh.

Yeti
GM.
GM.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aprileo on Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:20 am

I cant really say much. Mainly from the fact that i dislike the whole concept of it. The whole system of being far away and talking to each other through pixels defeats the concept of a relationship (in my opinion). You should be close to each other. Not only physically but mentally and emotionally. Too many things happen that you dont know of when you dont see that person. They make you feel happy and wonderful and you start to fade away from reality. When you really get to know them, things change. Attitude, personality, that feeling you have for them. Everything. All it leads to is a broken heart. Youll always be happy to a certain point. than that happyness will just turn into depression/sadness. Its all the same. Thats how life is. You can never be "fully" happy. its just impossible.

Im sryy if you dont feel from where im coming from but i thought i just let you know about my experiences.
Aprileo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeti on Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:25 am

Aprileo wrote:When you really get to know them, things change. Attitude, personality, that feeling you have for them. Everything. All it leads to is a broken heart.
This is pretty much what happened to my first "relationship". I told "person" that I wanted to see him and actually tried to organize a movie day, etc. But whenever I brought it up, he would get more distant. Then I had enough and told him I couldn't do the "relationship" anymore. That's when he freaked. So after that I avoided online relationships. But I have liked people I met online but I don't do the whole "relationship" thing anymore. LIKE EDDIEIEIEIEIEIE. Lols.

Aprileo wrote:Im sryy if you dont feel from where im coming from but i thought i just let you know about my experiences.
Don't be sorry, it's your personal opinion. If people don't agree with you, then slap them.

Yeti
GM.
GM.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aprileo on Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:32 am

[quote="Yeti"]
This is pretty much what happened to my first "relationship". I told "person" that I wanted to see him and actually tried to organize a movie day, etc. But whenever I brought it up, he would get more distant. Then I had enough and told him I couldn't do the "relationship" anymore. That's when he freaked.

Distance. Its a problem for everything. That person is scared of what you and other might think of them. They're scared to face what people have to say about them. They start to feel like its not necessary to take it that far. They think that your just pixels and not an actual person.
It's all about the mentality of someone. Your still young. Of course your going to face these problems. Don't get caught up in all that lubby dubby bull. Live life to the fullest. You'll know when your ready to calm down and be serious about things. The teenage years isnt that time.
Aprileo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeti on Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:36 am

Yes I do agree with you April. Just one thing, his best friend and other closer friends knew how we met and who I was. They were okay with it. I talked to his best friend some of the time when I could. But who knows, we're all children when it comes to "love".

April wrote:Live life to the fullest. You'll know when your ready to calm down and be serious about things. The teenage years isnt that time.
Yeah I did haha. I don't really agree with the teenage years though. Everyone is different so you can't just generalize about one specific group of people. But yeah, I wish you were my BFBFBFB (L) LOOL

Yeti
GM.
GM.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aprileo on Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:41 am

Yeti wrote:Yes I do agree with you April. Just one thing, his best friend and other closer friends knew how we met and who I was. They were okay with it. I talked to his best friend some of the time when I could. But who knows, we're all children when it comes to "love".

April wrote:Live life to the fullest. You'll know when your ready to calm down and be serious about things. The teenage years isnt that time.
Yeah I did haha. I don't really agree with the teenage years though. Everyone is different so you can't just generalize about one specific group of people. But yeah, I wish you were my BFBFBFB (L) LOOL

Well i say teenage years because that age group is the ones that have the most problem with Love and relationships etc. etc.

HAHA! BF's it is than. eyeheart ;P
Aprileo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  House on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:28 am

You changed me. Unbelievable.

Often relationships online: Teenagers. That's why these relationships keep failing. Definitively not a good age for 'love', or whatever they think it is.

House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aprileo on Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:03 am

Logicology wrote:You changed me. Unbelievable.

Often relationships online: Teenagers. That's why these relationships keep failing. Definitively not a good age for 'love', or whatever they think it is.

Yeah your still in school, growing up and having fun. You dont have enough time to think about what love is. You probably never will know what love is. Love doesnt have a definite definition. Its what you think it is or believe.
Aprileo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy. I is 1337. on Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:05 am

[quote="Aprileo"]
Logicology wrote:. Love doesnt have a definite definition. Its what you think it is or believe.

pfft. I lieks u, u liekz me. Donez ;D
Sexy. I is 1337.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aprileo on Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:12 am

[quote="Sexy. I Kill You."]
Aprileo wrote:
Logicology wrote:. Love doesnt have a definite definition. Its what you think it is or believe.

pfft. I lieks u, u liekz me. Donez ;D

EDDIE DID NOT WRITE THAT!D:<
I DID!

And Of course bby <333 :D
Aprileo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy. I is 1337. on Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:26 am

Stupid qoute. I deleted your name and left his FTL
Sexy. I is 1337.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aprileo on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:52 am

Haha its okayy Vivi!
Aprileo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Fonic Hymn on Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:16 pm

Once again we go off topic :D.
Aprileo wrote: I smells like poo, WOOO!
Grand Fonic Hymn
Spammer
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  House on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:18 am

Aprileo wrote:

Yeah your still in school, growing up and having fun. You dont have enough time to think about what love is. You probably never will know what love is. Love doesnt have a definite definition. Its what you think it is or believe.

I keep wondering how do you know about my life that much?
Don't post things like that next time please. I dislike it a lot when it happens.
You would be surprised.

House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeti on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:41 am

I think April is being more general when she uses "you". It's not a personal thing don't worry (so edit your post if you wish so it doesn't come up again). I do agree with April though. Since 'love' is used in so many context it's hard to find it's "true" meaning. All I know is love is not just secks.

Yeti
GM.
GM.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aprileo on Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:10 am

Logicology wrote:
Aprileo wrote:

Don't post things like that next time please. I dislike it a lot when it happens.
You would be surprised.

Im not using "You" to refer to one person only. Its meant for everyone. Dont take it personal and say that im pointing it out JUST to you, because im not.

And as Yeti was saying, just because your having lol, it doesnt mean your in love. It just means that youve taken your relationship with that person to another level.
Aprileo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Settler11 on Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:33 am

Aprileo wrote:
Logicology wrote:
Aprileo wrote:

You would be surprised.

Im not using "You" to refer to one person only. Its meant for everyone. Dont take it personal and say that im pointing it out JUST to you, because im not.

And as Yeti was saying, just because your having lol, it doesnt mean your in love. It just means that youve taken your relationship with that person to another level.

Level up!!
But seriously.. I think it's better to get searching your luv in real then online.

i'll say: Online for having fun. And in real is the deal.

Greetz,

Will

Settler11
Admin.
Admin.

View user profile http://willms.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Fonic Hymn on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:08 pm

Please cease the attack on April.
and April be more careful with your choice of words.
Grand Fonic Hymn
Spammer
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeti on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:55 am

xCloud wrote:Please cease the attack on April.
and April be more careful with your choice of words.
No one here was "attacking" April. If anything, Eddie thought that his privacy was being "attacked" by April's choice of words.
To Will: Sometimes I meet people who use "the real deal" for fun as well. I don't agree on it too much. I always see the excuse 'more practice until the real deal' but I don't agree with it really. What's the problem with 'practicing' and experiencing new things with 'the one' instead of practicing on 20 other people before?

Yeti
GM.
GM.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Fonic Hymn on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:38 am

Funny how you put " attacking " with quotations, what is its other meaning?

Of course the ideal relationship is one where you talk on the phone, meet with your gf every weekend, and seeing each other.
Grand Fonic Hymn
Spammer
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Facelt on Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:36 am

I am in and have been in a long-distance relationship since I just had turned 16 (last August), and I can with confidence say it's more than possible to be successful. I understand MOST relationships are childish and will not go anywhere, that's expected online AND in reality. I guess I got the lucky "exception". My girlfriend and I actually have the drive and dedication to make things real. We remained apart (without ever seeing each other in-person) until early April this year, and since then we have met a total of three times (I am including the one I am about to go to). Our bonds in person are actually a LOT stronger than we originally expected. During the early stages we did worry that our compatibility in person would not be as expected -- luck prevailed. We do have future plans, such as moving in together, and well, yeah. We'll stick to that since we ARE young after all. Can't get too into things. :) We can do everything just like a regular couple, the only difference is how far away we are. It's not a matter of location, it's maturity and dedication. If someone is ready to settle down and finds the right person, it can work from any location.
Facelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BetaNemesis on Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:06 pm

No bumping, last reply was more than 10 days ago.
BetaNemesis
Alpha Member
Alpha Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeti on Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:12 pm

Yeah no bumping old threads just be careful with the date of the last poster next time.
Anyways, I'm glad the long distance relationship is really working for you. I don't think it would ever work for me because of my parents and me not being able to drive :D Anyways, I hope your relationship becomes very successful and you both end up being very very happy people :)

Closed

Yeti
GM.
GM.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChristyAngel on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:49 am

Yeti wrote:Yeah no bumping old threads just be careful with the date of the last poster next time.
Anyways, I'm glad the long distance relationship is really working for you. I don't think it would ever work for me because of my parents and me not being able to drive :D Anyways, I hope your relationship becomes very successful and you both end up being very very happy people :)

Closed

I met my first boyfriend on GMS. MY story is somewhat like yours but well we actually did meet because it just so happened he lived 2 hours away from me and well yeah he came to visit me. I say the relationship quite successful (well except for the part where he broke up with me and i spent all the months after that moping till now)
ChristyAngel

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/homersimpson_doh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top