Better Organization in the Forum

WillMS :: General :: Forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Better Organization in the Forum

Post  Yeti on Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:34 pm

The "Complaints/ GM Abuse" Section should have a change of title. Recently, someone posted a complaint and apparently it was in the wrong section, to me, I didn't think it was. You should change the title so it doesn't confuse people. Maybe change it to something like "Complaints about GMs; You have complaints about the GM or you've seen a GM abusing his/her power? Post it here." But I don't know where the general complaints would be.. (fix that). :P

In the "News and Announcement" and "Guides and Information" Sections, I think you guys should lock it as soon as the Announcement/Guide has been posted to avoid spam. There's no reason to discuss about how great the guide is or say "Oh that's why the server is down, Will is sleeping," anything like that, it's just stupid to me. Also, I know some people have ideas to add onto the guile, but you could always PM them if it's so important. This is all just to reduce spam. I hate opening the thread then reading something so useless to me.

And maybe you would like to organize the WillMS part of the forum because it's big and long (lol?). I think you should add a "In-Game Play Related" Section for the following:
1. Marriage
2. Guilds
And anything else that is In-Game Play Related. Not so much Ban/Hacker Reports, they're fine ;)

Lastly, "Donations" should go into "News and Announcements". It should be a sticky (of course) and have it's own section in the "News and Announcements" Section (like how you organized the "Gm Application" Section. Also, people always read the "News and Announcements" so it's a better way of advertising :D Plus, you can't post in the "Donations" Thread so it might as well be an "Announcement".

Yeti
GM.
GM.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Better Organization in the Forum

Post  Grand Fonic Hymn on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:10 pm

Yeti wrote:The "Complaints/ GM Abuse" Section should have a change of title. Recently, someone posted a complaint and apparently it was in the wrong section, to me, I didn't think it was. You should change the title so it doesn't confuse people. Maybe change it to something like "Complaints about GMs; You have complaints about the GM or you've seen a GM abusing his/her power? Post it here." But I don't know where the general complaints would be.. (fix that). :P

In the "News and Announcement" and "Guides and Information" Sections, I think you guys should lock it as soon as the Announcement/Guide has been posted to avoid spam. There's no reason to discuss about how great the guide is or say "Oh that's why the server is down, Will is sleeping," anything like that, it's just stupid to me. Also, I know some people have ideas to add onto the guile, but you could always PM them if it's so important. This is all just to reduce spam. I hate opening the thread then reading something so useless to me.

And maybe you would like to organize the WillMS part of the forum because it's big and long (lol?). I think you should add a "In-Game Play Related" Section for the following:
1. Marriage
2. Guilds
And anything else that is In-Game Play Related. Not so much Ban/Hacker Reports, they're fine ;)

Lastly, "Donations" should go into "News and Announcements". It should be a sticky (of course) and have it's own section in the "News and Announcements" Section (like how you organized the "Gm Application" Section. Also, people always read the "News and Announcements" so it's a better way of advertising :D Plus, you can't post in the "Donations" Thread so it might as well be an "Announcement".

This should be in suggestions
Grand Fonic Hymn
Spammer
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AirStrike on Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:41 pm

This should be in suggestions
Vin you really need to keep your eye open. This post is in the correct section. Cecila posted it in the correct section
Suggestions - Those are for Ingame suggestions e.g. Adding in extra player commands
Next time Vin, can you NOT quote the whole thread that Cecila started -_- . That seems like spam , just quote bits of what you want to say or just make a reply without quoting.
The "Complaints/ GM Abuse" Section should have a change of title
I recently thought of that idea, It seemed so werid being cpmplaints about players and GMs , when its only suppose to be only for GMs but I really didn't bother changing because I didn't make that forum
Spoiler:
Will did, so blame it on him
Alright I changed it to "Complaints about GMs"

For the News and Announcements section, I personally want to leave it the way it is
News and Announcements
- Give players what the updates are about and they can understand what's happening
- Let players comment on how the updates are
- Understand what is happening in the server downtime
Guides and Information
- Let players ask any questions if the guide is misleading
- Let players comment on the guide
- Let players give the rating on the guide

So for me , I'm leaving it now. If the spam increases, Forum moderators are the key, not disabling or locking the "Forum"
I think you should add a "In-Game Play Related
Not necessary, All those things are in the WillMS section , because all of those things are related to WillMS. Sorry no changes for that

Lastly, "Donations" should go into "News and Announcements"
That wouldn't be a good idea. Letting donations standing on its own would be much better than putting in News and Announcments. Its not really part of the topic if you put "Donations" into News and Announcments.

Well that's all I got. Hope you understanded

Super Moderator

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/DeepBlacklce

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Fonic Hymn on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:27 pm

The forum doesn't NEED a change. Its absolutely fine as it is, even though its run by Will.
What your asking is for something that doesn't really matter much, yes some changes like change of sub-categories names like Complaints/GM Abuse.

But re arranging the forum is just ridiculous its not needed.
Grand Fonic Hymn
Spammer
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AirStrike on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:39 pm

Its absolutely fine as it is, even though its run by Will.

That's not true , Its actually run by Forummotion. I'll leave it there, I changed some things already.

Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Fonic Hymn on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:55 pm

AirStrike wrote:
Its absolutely fine as it is, even though its run by Will.

That's not true , Its actually run by Forummotion. I'll leave it there, I changed some things already.

I mean the forum itself, not the web hoster.

-The forums are perfectly fine, there's no need to made major changes is all im saying. But some things need to be changed.

Thanks Thomas.
Grand Fonic Hymn
Spammer
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  House on Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:38 pm

I agree with Vin, it's not really needed but it WILL keep the forum a little bit more organized, it's true.
House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aprileo on Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:01 pm

Thats true. But than again. The only ppl who SHOULD have problems with the forums are newcomers. Experienced ppl will/should have no problem with how it is now.
(just my opinion)
Aprileo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  House on Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:05 pm

I don't think they will but yeah, they are more likely to be mistaken.
House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aprileo on Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Is there a topic for Ingame Complaints? If not that should be added. instead of posting it in support because ppl will just think that the support topic is just for helping ppl.
Aprileo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  House on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:05 pm

Aprileo wrote:Is there a topic for Ingame Complaints? If not that should be added. instead of posting it in support because ppl will just think that the support topic is just for helping ppl.

Support Section: "Questions or are you stuck with something, post it here"

The main point is helping people but I think Ingame Complaints is a good idea. It would need a format and obviously a couple SS's in order to post about someone.

To customize your v62's in-game experience!
House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Fonic Hymn on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:01 pm

Separate forum for complaints
Thats about the only thing we need?
Grand Fonic Hymn
Spammer
Spammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AirStrike on Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:51 am

I already made changes already. I'll leave it there

Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Settler11 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:37 pm

Yeti wrote:
In the "News and Announcement" and "Guides and Information" Sections, I think you guys should lock it as soon as the Announcement/Guide has been posted to avoid spam.

I'll agree on this one then.

Greetz,

Will

Settler11
Admin.
Admin.

View user profile http://willms.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down